If you’ve arrived here, you’re already aware of the magical process of changing your computer monitor into a television, and all you want is a simple way to do it without searching multiple websites and hustling.
There are a few things to consider before switching your monitor to a television, and you should check their availability and act according to it:
How To Use A Computer Monitor As A TV Screen
Things you need to know before converting your Monitor in TV
- Is there an HDMI input on the computer monitor? This is now the most common way to connect to your home audio/video system.
- Moreover, Is there built-in audio on your computer monitor? You must be able to hear your computer monitor if you wish to use it as a television.
- And if you have a monitor with a VGA or DisplayPort connection, you may use an adapter to convert it to HDMI.
- However, You can use an adapter that acts as an audio extractor if it doesn’t have a speaker or an audio jack for HDMI.
- Finally, consider the monitor’s screen resolution. As the greatest resolution is not available on all computer monitors. Adding, if you want to watch TV on your computer, you need to seek a display that can support at least 720p resolution.
Components you need
- A monitor, with an HDMI port).
- HDMI adapter( for the ones who don’t have an HDMI port).
- Streaming device, DVD player, or cable box.
Furthermore, with everything you need and can check right now, you can watch your monitor turn into television in just a few easy steps.
Steps to follow:
- The first and most important step is to make sure your display has an HDMI port/cable. If not, use the converter cable, connect the HDMI end of the converter cable to the HDMI socket on your set-top box and it will work fine.
- HDMI output is required from your media source. Otherwise, you won’t be able to utilize this device to convert signals for the VGA input on your computer monitor. However, this adaptor can assist you in receiving both the display and audio signals.
- Additionally, this adaptor will assist you with sound. There is also an audio output that can be used to remove the audio stream from the HDMI connection. Besides, you can connect a soundbar directly to this device.
Use Monitor as a TV with a set-Top box.
The set-top box has its tuner, remote, and audio outputs. However, most of these changes are unnecessary if you regularly use your TV with a cable or satellite box. Essentially, you’re utilizing your TV as a monitor already, especially if you have a home theatre set up to handle the sound.
Moreover, to get a picture on a monitor with an HDMI connection, simply run a cable from the set-top box to the monitor’s input. Connect your monitor’s speakers or a headphone port to a pair of self-powered speakers, and you’re good to go.
However, you can also connect a stereo or a set of powered speakers to the audio outputs on your set-top box. If your box does not have audio out, you can add it with an HDMI audio extractor.
Use a Monitor Screen as a TV by a streaming device.
Connecting a streaming device to your display works similarly if you plan to use the monitor primarily for streaming TV programs. Moreover, connect it to your monitor’s HDMI input. These devices, on the other hand, don’t usually have their own audio output, therefore they’re best paired with a monitor that includes speakers or a headphone connector.
Adding further, You can also utilize a spare computer as your streaming device and audio source if you have one lying around.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a monitor be used as a TV?
Sure. However, before you go out and get a new one, try to make do with the one you already have. Moreover, there are a few things to think about. Check to see if your computer monitor has an HDMI port or an HDMI adapter.
Also, Make sure your cable or satellite TV box has a DVI or HDMI output if you have one.
If you are still confused about doing this DIY then you can visit: Best monitors for photo editing under 500 to know more about some very affordable and decent monitors.
Is using a Monitor screen like a TV bad for the eyes?
Certainly not. However, monitors are more advanced and high quality, BlueShield Protected, which protects your eyes.
Is there a downside to using a TV as a computer monitor?
Graphic designers, for example, will have a less distinct image to work with as a result of this. Writing may appear fuzzy and indistinct to those who work with it frequently, especially if the text is small.
Is it better to use a TV or monitor?
Monitors typically have less input lag, higher refresh rates, and faster response times than TVs, making them a better choice for gaming. However, there are exceptions, such as OLED TVs. On the other hand, TVs are larger and less expensive, making them ideal for watching movies and TV shows, as well as console gaming.
You can use a spare monitor if you have one. However, by following the steps mentioned above, you can easily convert your monitor to television isn’t that amazing?!
Furthermore, this will assist you in saving money and making the best use of almost nothing. Certainly, It takes some effort and the purchase of a few additional accessories, but learning how to use a computer monitor as a TV screen is not difficult.
If you are interested to know aore details oaboutmonitors, you can visit: Best Vertical monitor.